Cheesy Bacon Wrapped Hash Brown Cakes
Delicious Cheesy Sharp Cheddar and Jalapeno & Habanero pepper cheese hash brown stuffed cakes wrapped and topped with bacon strips.
Author: Dick Rundell
Recipe type: Breakfast
Serves: 3 cakes
- 3 eggs (large)
- 16oz of hash browns
- salt (table salt and/or Kosher Salt)
- black pepper (grounded)
- sweet onion (diced)
- 4 large strips of bacon
- 3 slices of Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 3 slices of Jalapeno & Habanero Pepper Cheese or Pepper Jack Cheese
- chives, green chilies, and/or Jalapenos (optional - mix with cheese in the center of the cake)
- Beat 3 large eggs in a bowl while adding desired salt and pepper
- Add hash browns and diced sweet onion in the bowl and mix with fingers
- Grease a glass pan and roll your mixture into 3 hamburger like cakes and place in the pan
- Wrap each cake with a slice of bacon around the cake.
- Poke a hole in the center each cake large enough to insert the cheese.
- Tear cheese into chunks and place in the center of each cake.
- Tear last piece of bacon into chunks and top each cake with the pieces
- Place in oven at 425 degrees for 40-50 minutes
- Remove from oven and serve