This is my meatloaf recipe that never has left overs
Author: Dick Rundell
Recipe type: Main
- 1½ pounds of lean ground beef
- ½ large Vidalia Sweet Onion finely chopped
- 1 large garlic clove (finely grated)
- 1 cup of Bread Crumbs (Italian)
- ½ cup of grated cheese (I use Italian Blend but any is fine)
- 2 large slices of cheese or ¼ cup of grated cheese
- 1 tablespoon of Romano / Parmesan Cheese
- ½ teaspoon Thyme
- ½ teaspoon Savory
- 2 teaspoons any Salt (Kosher / Regular / Sea)
- 1 teaspoon of finely grinded pepper
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons of A1 Steak Sauce (or equivalent)
- 2 tablespoons of Honey Barbecue Sauce
- Mix ground beef, onions, garlic, bread crumbs, ½ cup of grated cheese, Thyme, Savory, salt, pepper, Honey barbecue sauce in a medium size mixing bowl.
- Mix egg with vinegar, soy sauce, A1 Steak Sauce and blend into mixture.
- Place mixture into bread loaf pan (coat it with non-stick spray).
- Set oven for 450 degrees F at 30 minutes. Leave mixture uncovered.
- Remove from oven and drain all the grease.
- Add 2 slices of cheese to the top and/or ¼ cup of grated cheese.
- Shake Romano/Parmesan blend over the top and place back into oven for 5-10 minutes depending on how you like your cheese melted.
- Serve with Ketchup