This is my yellow rice recipe that has always been a family hit that we eat at least once a week.
Author: Dick Rundell
Recipe type: Entree
- 1 Cup of Margarine (None Hydrogenated Oil)
- 1½ Teaspoons of ground Turmeric
- 1 Teaspoon of ground Cinnamon
- 1 Cups of Jasmine rice or Basmati Rice
- 1½ Cups of Chicken Broth
- ½ Cup of Frozen Mixed Vegetables (Optional)
- ½ Cup of Frozen chopped Onions/Red Peppers/Green Peppers (Optional)
- Melt Margin in medium Sauce Pan over medium heat
- Mix in Turmeric and Cinnamon while melting the Margin
- Add rice and stir constantly over medium high heat until rice is browned
- Add Chicken Broth and stir every 2-3 minutes to avoid the rice from sticking/burning to the pan.
- Add either Mixed Vegetables or Onions/Red Peppers/Green Peppers but not both (Optional)
- When most of the water is gone, you turn the heat down to medium low to avoid burning the rice. Stir rice every 3 minutes.
- When rice is almost cooked, put lid on pan and turn off heat.
- Let sit 5 minutes and then fluff with fork and recover.
- Serve while hot.